National Science Film Festival of India (NSFFI) is a flagship event of Vigyan Prasar, Department of Science & Technology, Govt. of India to celebrate the science outreach through cinema. NSFFI is India’s first of its kind of film festival where documentaries and short films on popular science, technology, health & environmental issues are being screened and a national competition of science films is being organised. Professional and student filmmakers are felicitated with cash prizes, trophies, and citations. This event also creates a platform to interact with film-makers, scientists and enthusiasts (through Master Classes, Workshops, Panel Discussions) to develop a better public understanding of the universe; encourage citizen science and public participation and promote appreciation of science films.
Event date: 1st to 5th December 2021
Venue: Ahmedabad, Gujarat
Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Please fill separate entry form for each film.
3. Candidates have to upload the ﬁlm on Google Drive and send us at email@example.com (please ensure that the link does not seek permission to open it).
4. After the successful submission of your online application form, confirmation email (along with application copy) will be sent to the film director’s email id. If the director of the film does not receive the confirmation email it would imply
5. Before filling the form please keep ready soft copies of that the form has not been submitted successfully. In this case,
please inform us through Email.
a. Photograph of the director (jpeg format with resolution 300 dpi and saved as the director’s name)
b. 5 still photographs of the film (jpeg format with resolution 300 dpi and saved as the title of the film)
c. Dully filled Synopsis form in MS word (in the prescribed format only)
d. Certiﬁcate from the Principal/Director/HOD [Only for the categories ‘Out of the Box’ (college / university / film school students) and ‘Rainbow’ (school students of classes 6th to 12th)]
6. It is mandatory to send the following enclosures to Vigyan Prasar, Noida (by post/courier/ hand):
a. Printout of completely ﬁlled online form with the stamp (if any) & signature (after online submission of the application form, copy of the filled form will be sent automatically to the director’s Email).
b. Pen drive/DVD containing:
i. Copy of the ﬁlm in mp4 format. The ﬁlm should be saved as the title of the ﬁlm.
ii. Synopsis of the ﬁlm in 200 – 250 words in English (in MS doc. ﬁle in the prescribed format). Synopsis should be saved as the title of your ﬁlm. Scanned copy will not be permitted.
iii. Script of the ﬁlm (in MS doc. ﬁle). The Script should be saved as the title of the ﬁlm. Please do not send the hardcopy of the script.
iv. Five still photographs of the ﬁlm. The photographs should be saved as the title of the ﬁlm (in jpeg format with resolution 300 dpi).
v. One photograph of the director. The photograph should be saved as the name of the director (jpeg format with resolution 300 dpi).
c. Hardcopy of the synopsis of the ﬁlm in English in the prescribed format.
d. Certiﬁcate from the Principal/Director/HOD (Only for the Categories ‘Out of the Box’ and ‘Rainbow’)