26th April 2019: Day 1
|08:30 – 09:45 Hrs
|09.45 – 11.00 Hrs.
||Inaugural function: (short speeches and felicitation)
- 1. Dr Nakul Parashar, Director, VP
- 2. Dr Debapriya Dutta, Advisor and Scientist – G, DST
- 3. Dr Uday Bandopadhyay, Director, Bose Institute
- 4. Professor Sibaji Raha, Former Director Bose Institute
- 5. Professor Bimal Roy, Former Director ISI
- 6. Shri Jayant Sahasrabuddhe, Organizing Secretary, Vigyan Bharati
- 7. Dr B. B. Jha, Acting Director CGCRI
- 8. Professor Maitree Bhattacharya, Diretcor JBNSTS
- 9. Dr A D Choudhary, DG NCSM
- 10.Dr Amit Krishna De, Executive Secretary, ISCA
|11.00 – 11:30 Hrs.
|11.15 – 13.00 Hrs.
||Session – I: Role of scientific institutions
Chair: Dr Amit Krishna De, Executive Secretary, ISCA
- 1. Department of Science & Technology: Debapriya Dutta, Advisor and Scientist – G, DST
- 2. S. N. Bose Institute: Samir Kumar Pal, Sr. Professor
- 3. IISER-K: Soumitro Banerjee, Professor
- 4. NCSM: Subhabrata Chaudhuri, Director, Science City, Kolkata
- 5. Bose Institute: Sanjay Kumar Ghosh, Professor
- 6. ISCA : Prof Ananga Chandra , Treasurer, Kolkata Chapter
- 7. Vigyan Prasar: Rintu Nath, Scientist F and Division Head, Publications
|13.00 – 14.00 Hrs.
|14.00 – 15.30 Hrs.
||Session – II: Role of scientific institutions
Chair: Dr Manoj Chakrabarti, NICED
- 1. MN Saha Institute: Jisnu Basu
- 2. CGCRI : Sitendu Mandal, Chief Scientist
- 3. JBNSTS: Abhijit Kar, Scientist
- 4. Kalyani University: Sabyasachi Chatterjee, Professor
- 5. Vigyan Prasar new initiatives: Kinkini Dasgupta Misra , Scientist F and Division Head, Gender and Technology Communication
- 6. Science Channel and ISTI portal: Sourav Sen, Sr. Consultant; Archita Bhatta, Editor, DST communication
|15.30 – 15:45 Hrs.
|15.45 – 18.00 Hrs.
||Session – III: Role of Print and Electronic media
Chair: Professor Shyamal Chakroborty, Department of Chemistrry, Calcutta University
Co-chair: Professor Siddhartha Narayan Joardar, West Bengal University of Animal & Fishery Sciences
- 1. Vivekananda Bigyan Mission: Pallab Banerji, Professor, IIT Kharagpur
- 2. ISNA: Prof Manas Chakraborty, Hony Secretary
- 3. SCF-Kolkata: Abhijit Bardhan, Secretary
- 4. IAPT : Surojit Chakrabarti, Bhupati Chakrabarti
- 5. Bichitra Pathshala: Subhadas Mollick
- 6. Bongiyo Bigyan Parishad: Tapan Saha, Secretary
- 7. Paschim Bongo Bigyan Manch: Pradip Mahapatra, General Secretary
- 8 Science Press: Dhananjay Ghosal, Science Writer, Editor and Communicator
- 9. Print media: Pathik Guha
|18.00 – 18.30 Hrs.
||Networking & High Tea
27th April 2019: Day 2
|10.00 – 12.00 Hrs.
Session 4:The Road Ahead
Chair: Dr Debopriya Dutta, Advisor & Head SEED, DST
- 1. Soumitro Banerjee, Professor, IISER-K
- 2. Samarendra Kumar, Director – HQ, NCSM
- 3. Partha Ghosh, Honorary Scientist, National Academy of Sciences
- 4. Matangini Chattopadhyay, Professor, School of Education Technology, JU
- 5. Dhrubojyoti Chattopadhyay, VC, Amity University, Kolkata
- 6. Jisnu Basu, Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics
- 7. Rintu Nath, Scientist – F, Vigyan Prasar
|12.00 – 12.15 Hrs
|12.15 – 13.15Hrs.
Professor Palash Baran Pal
Professor Satyabachi Sar
Shri Ashish Lahiri
Concluding Remarks about the Road Ahead by Dr Nakul Parashar, Director Vigyan Prasar
Vote of Thanks by Rintu Nath, Scientist F, Vigyan Prasar
| 13:15 – 14:15 Hrs.